Ramblings

My thoughts, frustrations, concerns and opinions, for your reading pleasure and for my stress reliever. My own online pensive.

Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy to be Nappy? Im not sure

So many moons ago I rocked past the shoulder length dreads that were GOOORGE US! and out of sheer boredom and having maxed out on creative ways to style it, I cut them. That was about 6 yrs ago. Since then I have rocked short permed styles and braids, toying always with the idea of going natural but never committing. So now I'm back and man I forgot the process all together. I have to get used to me again, my whole interpretation of beauty has to be redefined. I have to get used to my naps and styling them and what products to use. 2 months in after the big chop, I almost caved. Fingers hovered over the speed dial button to my stylist, ready to make my appointment to get fried, dyed and laid to the side. But after some pep talk from my best homie and my other half, I'm staying the course. I can do this. This is what God gave me and I can master managing it and look GORGE doing it.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Lherisson said...

I'm happy that you are nappy. Grow on, grow on, grow on. I've got your back.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home